When making the first payment at an online shop that uses Mastercard SecureCode, you will be asked to register your card for SecureCode once. Please note that the registration process is set up individually by the card issuer and may therefore be different. The following screenshots show the registration procedure for Swiss Bankers Prepaid Cards.
- During the payment process, you will automatically be prompted to register.
- Enter the Internet Code you have received together with your prepaid card.
- Read the «Terms and Conditions for using Mastercard® SecureCode™» and accept them.
- Click «Continue».
- After clicking «Continue», a window where you can enter your SecureCode and your Security Message will automatically open.
- Choose a SecureCode that is easy to remember – you will need it for all future purchases at online shops. The SecureCode must contain 6-12 characters: letters and numbers (no special characters or spaces, no hyphens or dashes).
- Confirm your SecureCode.
- Enter a personal Security Message. The latter must contain 1-30 characters. The Security Message will now be displayed during all payments at online shops that use Mastercard® SecureCode™. It is an additional safety element. Your personal Security Message – which is only known to you – gives you additional certainty that the transaction is safe. We recommend using a Security Message that is easily recognizable personally, such as «Susanne's prepaid card».
- Click «Register».